from The Ukrainian Institute of America:
What can I do?
- Stay informed with credible sources of news like The Atlantic Council UkraineAlert.
- Contact your state and local representatives and let them know you support the strongest measures possible to constrain Ukraine’s aggressors. Find your congressional representatives with this link.
How can I help?
- The Afya Foundation (our partner organization for whom we have collected medical supplies for many years) has an Amazon wish list of urgently needed items. The items will be sent directly to Afya, and they are packing pallets of supplies to send to Ukraine.
- The World Union for Progressive Judaism has launched the Ukraine Crisis Fund to support the Ukrainian Jewish community. To learn more and/or to make a donation: https://wupj.org/give/ukraine/
- HIAS is seeking emergency donations for their response to the Ukrainian crisis: https://act.hias.org/page/6048/donate/1
- The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee is working on the ground to deliver social services to the Ukrainian Jewish community and their neighbors. You can give directly through the JDC website, or through a contribution to your local Jewish Federation, many of which have created local crisis funds.
- United Ukrainian American Relief Committee, also known as ZUDAK/ЗУДAК, supports humanitarian projects.
- Ukrainian Congress Committee of America launched a humanitarian effort.
- Razom for Ukraine provides humanitarian assistance.
- World Central Kitchen is already serving meals to refugees at the Polish border.
- For more organizations, please see this list