Giving to East End Temple
We are grateful for your support. Tzedakah, or charity, fulfills some of Judaism's strongest traditions. It also powers the activities and well-being of East End Temple. You may make a contribution in honor of a person or an event, in memory of someone, or just because you care about the EET community.
HOW TO GIVE
Click on the following links for convenient ways to support East End Temple:
- Members, please click here.
- Guests, please click here to complete the necessary information to process a contribution. A description of our giving opportunities is listed below.
WHERE TO GIVE
- EL EMET FUND: helps beautify and maintain our temple, underwrite holiday festivities, projects. In honor of a simchah, a mishebeirach, yahrzeits. $10.00 minimum
- CANTOR'S DISCRETIONARY FUND: used for charitable giving, enrichment of the congregation and community. $36.00 minimum
- FUND FOR THE FUTURE: helps ensure future growth in all temple activities. $100.00 minimum
- HAMERMESH MUSIC FUND: provides special music programs and resource materials. $18.00 minimum
- LEONARD SPRING MEMORIAL FUND: dedicated to supporting unfunded projects to benefit EET. $18.00 minimum
- RABBI'S DISCRETIONARY FUND: used for charitable giving, enrichment of the congregation and community. $36.00 minimum. (Separate check required)
- SARA A. SPENCER CHILDREN'S EDUCATIONAL FUND: provides educational materials for the Religious School. $18.00 minimum
- SIMCHAT SHABBAT FUND: provides musical Shabbatot, diverse community programs. $54.00 minimum
At East End Temple we have a lot to be grateful for. It is thanks to the foresight and generosity of those who came before us that EET has entered its eighth decade with strength and vibrancy. We are grateful to them for establishing a spiritual home that cultivates relevant Jewish life through connected community. Now it is our turn to make certain our tradition continues for generations and that EET continues to be a beacon for downtown Jewish life.
The EET Legacy Circle will bring together members like you and us, who are eager to help ensure our Jewish community’s future for generations to come by naming East End Temple as a beneficiary in their estate plans. Planned gifts of all sizes can play a significant role in sustaining our Temple. If you have already included EET in your estate plans, as we each have, please email Judith or simply send this form back to the Temple office.
And if you are thinking about including EET in your estate plans, we would love to talk further with you. Please feel free to contact either of us or Rabbi Josh Stanton (JStanton@eastendtemple.org) for a confidential discussion. We are truly grateful for your consideration.
L’Dor V’Dor, From Generation to Generation
Judith Sussman and Derek Dorn, Co-Chairs
East End Temple Legacy Circle
For the following gift/naming opportunities, please contact the EET office via phone or email:
|Floral (Flowers for the service)||$75|
|Kehilla Plaque on Sanctuary Lobby Wall||$5,000 min.|
|Memorial Board Plaque||$720|
|Oneg/Collation||$400 / $250|
|Simcha Tree Leaf||$234|
HIGH HOLY DAYS (HHD) purchases/giving: HHD Pledge, HHD Ticket (Member), HHD Ticket (Non-Members), Yizkor.
Donations to one of the Sisterhood-sponsored programs can now be made online, using one of the above links, under HOW TO GIVE.
However, if you prefer to send a paper check, please make your check payable to EET Sisterhood, indicate the name of the fund(s) and send it to the temple office. Your canceled check is your receipt.
- FOOD FOR FAMILIES: underwrites this social action program. Contribution helps us purchases the food supplies volunteers need to fill the bags of meals prepared to feed the hungry. $18.00 min.
- FOOD FOR FAMILIES DAY SPONSOR: purchases the food supplies volunteers need to fill the bags of meals prepared to feed the hungry. Contribution designates you as sponsor for the day. $360.00 min.
- HELENE SPRING LIBRARY: helps purchase new and archival books, library equipment and additional materials for our library. $18.00 min. (if paying by manual check, please make out to East End Temple Library)
- SISTERHOOD BIRTHDAY FUND: contributes to a social action fund benefiting women and girls to be selected annually. $18.00 min.
All contributions to East End Temple or Sisterhood will be acknowledged to
the person(s) for whom you make a donation, as well as noted in our monthly newsletter Templet.